Saturday, August 14, 2010

Who I am

I have done a lot of talking about what I am preparing for but not a lot about me. As I have said I am 21 and living under my fathers roof.  I was a EMT-B for the last 3 1/2 years, I am currently not  with and ambulance but have a application in with a local fire department.  I got my love of medicine from my dad, when I was about 4 he was a EMT-Fire fighter and I use to go with him to the department and fell in love with that. I became a EMT as soon as I was old enough.

My love of midwifery came when my little sister "Princess Dragon Snack" was born. I love the atmosphere in which she was born. It was  very calm and mom and baby where right where they belong. I felt called at that time to be a midwife and have been working off and on for about three years to that goal. Besides me not studying like I should have a lack of births in this area has been a deterrent from getting my CPM (Certified Practical Midwife) I was the primary midwife for my little brother "Master Calvin's" birth. Even though he was born in the hospital (he needed a little persuasion ) I loved every minute of it.



I have a ham license though I still do not know how to use it! I have not found a ham operator to teach me that can speak in English they only speak in ham.



I also keep honey bees. I love the bee's though they are hard to keep. I have not gotten any honey for the last two years and am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am sure in time I will figure it out. They are fascinating creatures and I love watching them, and nothing can beat fresh honeycomb.


Well that is all for now. Thank you for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Our country sure does need more girls like you! Your parents have a lot to be thankful for, although I'm sure the way you were raised explains a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the image of the midwife with mother and baby? I would like to purchase it.

    ReplyDelete